Friday, August 29, 2008

Duh-rool, duh-rool

OK, I go to the Neiman Marcus website to check out the latest Beauty Event in order to reinforce my knowledge that I have quite enough makeup and skincare, thankyouverymuch.

And the first thing I see is this amazing Bobbi Brown Limited Edition Artist's lip palette:

Which I so totally don't need at all. But want, anyway. Even though I already have two or three--OK four--Bobbi Brown palettes with lipsticks and glosses in them.

(Which I always buy at the Cosmetics Company outlet store for way less than the $200 this little beauty would cost.)

I know what's going to happen. I'm going to find myself buying something else equally unnecessary but will cost less. Like the Bobbi Brown Limited Edition Shimmering Nudes palette. This could be mine for a comparatively cheap (yet still extravagant) $50. Even though if I lined up all the beige and brown eyeshadows I already own, they would fill the Grand Canyon. And even though I just blogged about how great the Bonne Bell shimmering beige quad is, which I bought two weeks ago for the low, low price of $3.99.

I can has common sense?

HALP!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

er, uh, those shadows lining the canyon.... should be thrown out. Make up gets old like most products and old stuff on your eyes, uh, I don't think so.

Stop before you shill again.

Anonymous said...

And to think I've made it this far in life with no eye shadow and no lip stuff.

Poppy B. said...

Anonymous:

Well, obviously I'm not shilling particularly successfully if jenontheedge still hasn't bought any makeup. (Jen--get on it, will you?)

But thanks for informing me that old makeup can harbor bacteria.

I'm sure you'll be glad to know that I was exaggerating when I mentioned owning entire warehouses crammed with eyeshadow palettes. I was using a rhetorical device you might not be acquainted with. It's called hyperbole.

And? You're an asshole.

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess momentarily bereft of language skills or manners, you opt to curse.
That comment was obviously to protect your eyes and referenced your own hyperbole.
Do you ACTUALLY think anyone believes your eye shadows could fill the Grand canyon?
Then you are not as smart as your blog readers would prefer to imagine.
Blog On Potty Mouth

Poppy B. said...

Oh, I am so sorry, anonymous!

Should I have called you an anus?

Anonymous said...

anonymous, please spare us all your sanctimony. Any regular reader of Poppy's blog knows she uses hyperbole for humorous effect.

Kathy Rogers said...

This is the weirdest comment stream that I've seen in a while.

Anyhoo, I was unaware that there was such a thing as a Cosmetics Company Outlet. A Cosmetics Company Outlet?! Feverish Googling reveals that the nearest one to me is in Park City, Utah. A mere 600 miles away. Life continues to be unfair.

Poppy B. said...

Thanks for the back-up, indiantrekkie. You can ride shotgun any time. Set phasers to stun!

kathyr: I guess I got a bit riled from the number of anonymous comments on this blog. My attitude is put your name on your comment or preserve a discreet silence. Also, in my defense, I did not curse at her. If I'd wanted to do that, I would have called her a fucking asshole.

On a more relevant note, Cosmetic Company outlet stores rock my world. They're owned by Estee Lauder and all Estee Lauder-owned companies are represented. So you find EL, Origins, Prescriptives, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Stila, and MAC. They sell LE stuff, GWP stuff, the collections you can only get in Duty Free shops, and products they produce for foreign markets. I'm not a fan of EL fragrances, but there are a ton of them, too.

There. Now you feel even worse, right?

Susie Sunshine said...

Hey, she can't be the potty mouth, that's MY GIG! She's the songbird and Pretty Woman lookalike, you fucking assnon.

I am sick in love with both the lipgloss and eyeshadow collection, but it's the equivalent of a damn orthodontist payment. Straight toofed, marriable sons wins over making my lips the envy of the sports boosters, dammit.