Thursday, January 19, 2006

And now, a word about shawpin

OK, enough about the Olsen Twins. Let's talk shopping!

At the moment, I'm going crazy looking at spring stuff because it's 48 degrees. In Chicago. In January. I'm craving cotton clothes and regular pedicures. I'm compulsively checking out the resort wear on style.com. And flipping through every catalog that comes in the mail.

1. Check out Thrifty Chick's directory of sales and special deals. Big fun! Be sure to scroll all the way down.

2. Those of you who have daughters should know that the Growing Up Garnet Hill catalog is selling Lilly Pulitzer dresses and such along with the usual organic cotton/natural fibers stuff. Also, the girls' shoes are mega-cute. Talk about one stop shopping! If only they carried this stuff in grown-up lady sizes. I mean, would anyone dress like an Olsen twin if she had the option of dressing like an eight year old? No. So Garnet Hill needs to make this cute stuff in grown-up sizes. The big meanies.

3. In the Pink sent me an email with the news that some vintage Lilly Pulitzer dress styles were being resurrected in vintage prints. I just love the fact that Lilly has brought back that great cotton lace. I'm totally jonesing for this one, to be accessorized with a retro attitude, some cute sandals, and a slushy rum drink.

My wallet needs a cold snap to come around, and soon.

--P.

4 comments:

bfallmann said...

To poppy,

First off, I aplogize for leaving my message here, I couldn't find an email addressMy name is Ben Fallmann, and I work for a company called Advanced Video Communications (AVC). You must get a lot of emails every day, so I will get straight to the point. I would like to inquire you about an opportunity for your blog. We have created a service called STICKAM. www.stickam.com. STICKAM is a tool that will allow users to place 500MB of storage for videos, photos, and audios onto a blog. You can place this tool onto your blog, and it will display your uploaded photos, videos, and play your audio straight onto your blog. On top of that, there is a live video chatting feature if you want to chat with your visitors.

STICKAM is a 100% free service, and is very easy to place onto your blog. There is nothing to download. All you have to do is place a JavaScript or html code onto the page in which you wish to use the tool.

Hopefully, you will find STICKAM to be useful for you. For more information please feel free to contact myself at ben@stickam.com or visit our website at www.stickam.com. Thank you very much for your time. To view an example of a blog with a stickam player on it click here.

Sincerely,

Ben Fallmann

Poppy Buxom said...

Well, it sounds interesting. I only have two questions:

1. Does it come in pink?

2. Will it make me look fat?

Thanks for your time and attention.

Susie Sunshine said...

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

bfallmann said...

sorry for the late reply. No it won't make you look fat, and it does come in pink. didn't know if you were joking, butI thought I'd answer you anyways.