Wednesday, January 11, 2006

What Came in the Mail Today

Wow, a lot of packages showed up on my doorstep today. I was opening and putting things away for quite a while. And I haven't even finished opening all the boxes. To misquote Coleridge's Ancient Mariner: "Cardboard boxes everywhere / And not a drop to drink."

So here's what showed up:

1. From Delia's: the purple Puma Speedcats. I. Love. Them. They are incredibly comfortable. This is a YMMV thing, though, because they have zero arch support. But I have a high arch, and support isn't one of my issues. And they're wide enough. If you have a narrow foot, these might not work for you, but for me? They are fabulous. I can wiggle my little toes--or at least I would be able to, if I were able to (does that even make sense? I don't think so.)

All of the above can be said of the Reebok Motor Lace sneakers, too. I don't love them quite as much because they're not quite as fabulous. After all, they aren't purple suede. But they are very nice--light, sleek, and comfy.

I also received the three rocker t-shirts I bought my daughter, but they're for her birthday. And two lamps for her bedroom, also not opened yet.

Oh--and if you wear a size 8.5, like Top-Siders, and want them in the cute pastel blue, they're on sale.

2. From Garnet Hill: two sets of pajamas, both cotton knit with an Asian-inspired patterns, and a blue cotton bathrobe with white terry lining. I'd give these an A- because the colors weren't exactly what I was expecting, and let's face it, whereas the right shade of pink does wonders, the wrong shade can make a grown up girl look recently exhumed. These aren't that bad, but they don't do wonders for my make-upless, first-thing-in-the-morning face. On the other hand, they're generously cut, cute, and the cotton is of high quality. And the black kid gloves with the hot pink roses are just as pretty as they looked.

3. From PBTeen: a light blue yoga mat.

--P.

No comments: